TERMS & AGREEMENTS:
1. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE – CHECK IN is AFTER 4 P.M. and CHECK OUT is BEFORE 11 A.M. No Early Check Ins or Late Check Outs are permitted unless previously authorized. In order to get approval, you must call the day before to verify that the property will be available. Fees for Early Check Ins or Late Check Outs will apply
2. KEYS – We DO NOT use keys at Cougars Tree House. Instead, we use an electronic lock. Lock information including a door code will be emailed to you a few days to 1 week before arrival. If you loose your code please call or email us immediately. Guest may be charged a fee for improper procedures.
3. NO SMOKING – This is a NON SMOKING cabin. If you smoke inside the property you may loose your deposit.
4. PETS – Only dogs are permitted with prior approval. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse. All pets must be up to date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. The cabin owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
5. OCCUPANTS – We will not rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent. The maximum number of guests per cabin is limited to six (6) persons. As a Guest (The persons registered and those person authorized to be in the same rental property) staying at our cabin, you shall pay an additional rate of $100 per each guest found unregistered. PLEASE DO NOT exceeds the cabins maximum capacity.
6. REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT – A refundable deposit at half the rental rate but no less than $200 is required. As a Guest (The person registered and those person authorized to be in the same rental property) staying at our cabin will be obligated to pay for any loss or damage to the contents or the cabin. Monthly rentals may have a larger deposit added. Deposits less any damages or unpaid fees will be returned to Guest as soon as possible, this usually is between 1- 3 weeks.
7. PAYMENT – *PLEASE NOTE* Full payment will be required for reservations less than (30) days, monthly reservations, or bookings booked online.* An advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is required (30+) days before arrival and the remaining or full balance is due 30 days prior to your arrival date. The advance payment will be applied toward the room rent.
8. CANCELLATIONS – Vacation properties are often booked many months in advance and the property will be held for your use during your trip. When the property is being held for you, it obviously cannot be rented to someone else. Therefore like many cruises, tour packages and airline tickets, when booking and reserving a vacation rental home, you will usually need to make a full or partial payment upfront in order to reserve the property. According to our contract all contracts are non-refundable. In the event you need to cancel or change your reservation within a timely manner you will receive a credit for the days that rebook only. If only a portion of your reservation is rebooked, then your will be issued a credit for the days that rebooked. Credits can be used within 1 year. The remaining balance from an un-booked reservation is forfeited. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of any monies received, rent, fees, or taxes. However, Refundable Deposits will be returned in full for cancellations. A rebooking fee will apply each time you make a change. You may choose to purchase travel insurance separately. See item number twenty (20) of this contract
9. MONTHLY RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS – Monthly renters must cancel one hundred twenty (120) days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least ninety (90) days prior to check-in. A larger deposit will be applied. Cancellation policies in section 8 above also apply.
10. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY– By law, the maximum number of guests at Cougars Tree House is limited to six (6) persons. Violators will be removed and will forfeit any monies received including deposits.
11. MINIMUM STAY – This property requires a (2) night minimum stay on weekends and (3-5) nights during peak and holiday seasons. If a rental is below the minimum required stay, the Guest will be charged the required minimum rate.
12. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate.
13. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the cabin, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate however is available at an additional rate. We suggest you bring your own beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from our cabins.
14. RATE CHANGES – Until this contract has been fully executed and payment has been received, rates are subject to change without notice.
15. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will forfeit Guest advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
16. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
17. PARKING – Parking is limited to three (3) vehicles. Guest will receive a parking permit to park in the designated parking area. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
18. FIREPLACES – DO NOT DISPOSE OF ASHES FROM FIREPLACES. It is against Cougars Tree House policies for Guest to remove or dispose of fireplace ashes. Our Housekeeping Department will properly and safely dispose of all ashes and active logs still burning or smoldering. If you need ash removal, please contact us. Any improper disposal on ashes could result in additional the fireplace is a working wood burning fireplace. We do not provide firewood or starter sticks. You can obtain wood and fire starter sticks from most Big Bear reatailers such as Von’s, Stater Brother’s, or Walgreens.
19. STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS – No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained, however we do not refund due to road conditions. During winter months you are required to travel with chains. Even if you have all wheel drive vehicles you may be inspected by the CHP or local Sheriff’s Dept. for chains. No refunds will be given for storms.
20. TRAVEL INSURANCE – We highly recommend your purchase travel insurance. If you wish to purchase travel insurance, go to www.InsureMyTrip.com for details and to purchase.
21. WATER AND SEWAGE – Our cabins are part of Big Bear Lake water systems. The mineral content in the water is high. Although our sewage system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products or foreign objects should be flushed at anytime.
22. TRASH DISPOSAL – “Clean Bear Sites” are available nearby. Please take all household trash items to these sites. Guest will be charged $25 per bag of trash if not properly disposed of at a Clean Bear Site
• CLEAN BEAR SITE # 1: From our cabin turn right (west) onto Moonridge/Garstin road and cross over Big Bear Boulevard. The trash site is located on the right side, about ½ blocks down Garstin/Moonridge.
• CLEAN BEAR SITE #2: From our cabin turn right (west) onto Moonridge road and turn left onto Big Bear Boulevard. Head west passed the Village, and on the right side across the street from the City Hall / Performing Arts Center.
23. DEPARTURE/CLEANING – Leave our cabin in the same condition as you received it. We ask that you leave all soiled linens that you have used placed in hampers in each bathroom; sofa beds stowed and used linens placed in hampers. Please wash your last load of dishes and return them to the appropriate cupboard. Take your trash to a Clean Bear Trash Site. Lock all doors and windows prior to departure. Replace key back into lock box and scramble code. Reset thermostat to 50 degrees. Remove any pet droppings if you brought your dog. Additional fees may be applied if incorrect procedures are followed.
24. EXTRAS – DSL, Televisions, DVD/VCRs, Appliances, Etc., herein called "extras", are supplied as a convenience for Guest use. In the event of a malfunction or breakdown of "extras", Owner or Owner's Representative will have the "extra" repaired as quickly as practical. Guest agrees that there will be no refund for malfunction or breakdown of "extras". In the event of malfunction of any other appliance or feature, Guest must notify Owner or Owner's Representative so repair of malfunction can be made. We will expedite repair, but no refund of rent will be made.
25. HOT TUB - Use of the hot tub is done so solely at YOUR OWN RISK. Cougar's Tree House is not liable for any accidents caused by use of the hot tub/spa. Persons with health conditions or under the influence of medicines or drugs should not use the spa. Drowsiness, fainting, or death may occur. Never use the hot tub alone. Minors must be supervised by an adult at all times. Do not sit or lay on the hot tub cover. When not in use the cover must be placed and secured using spa locks at all times. Please turn off the jets, bubbles, and light when not in use. Hot tub rules are posted across from the spa. Hot tub rules must be followed at all times. Failure to do so could result in drowning and/or loss of your security deposit.
I agree that all rental monies are non-refundable per cancellation policy above. I have read my rights to purchase travel insurance. By proceeding, I agree to all terms and conditions of this agreement and acknowledge that I have read and understand all the terms and conditions of this agreement.
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT
IT RELEASES COUGARS TREE HOUSE AND OTHERS FROM LIABILITY
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, INCLUDING PARENTAL/GUARDIAN RELEASE.
In consideration of being permitted to occupy on a transient basis certain premises including the private home rented by the signer (s) below (hereinafter referred to as “Guest”) and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and adequacy of which is hereby acknowledged, Guest, for themselves, their personal representatives, agents, assigns, heirs, and next of kin agree to the following release and waiver of liability, express assumption of risk, and indemnity agreement, including parental/guardian release when applicable.
The private home rented, its interior and exterior areas including common areas, the ingress and egress areas of private home and such buildings, are collectively hereinafter referred to as the “Premises”.
Cougars Tree House, its owners, directors, agents, officers, contractors, and employees are collectively hereinafter referred to as Cougars Tree House. The owners of the Premises the Guest occupies, including such owner’s directors, agents, officers, contractors, and employees are collectively hereinafter referred to as the “Premises Owner”. Cougars Tree House and the Premises Owner are each considered one of the “Releases” herein.
Guest acknowledges, agrees, and represents that they understand that occupying a private home or room, and using interior and exterior areas including common areas, and entering and exiting such home, room, or areas involves certain risks and dangers including risks and dangers of injury to persons, or damage to property, INCLUDING RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH (“RISKS”); these risks and dangers may be caused by Guest’s own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of Guest’s invitees, dependants, charges, guests, any person holding under Guest, or trespassers while the Guest’s is occupying the Premises, the condition of the Premises, the weather, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW. The causes of risk include, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: unfamiliar stairs, decks, furniture, windows, doors, decorations, fireplaces, landscaping, (including plants and objects); unfamiliar location of lights, appliances, fireplaces, heaters, and their control mechanisms, and unfamiliarity with the proper use of such items; possible loose grab rails, flooring (including without limitation, floor boards, rugs, carpets, and other floor coverings); uneven interior and exterior walking surfaces; sharp objects; heavy objects; hot or cold objects; electrical outlets and plugs; items within the reach of children; weather related causes such as wet, icy, hot, cold, or slippery surfaces, or hazards disguised or hidden by snow, ice, darkness or other factors; use and existence at Premises of pools, spas, hot-tubs, Jacuzzis and the lake; the general age, condition, or location of the Premises and objects contained in and around the Premises; and other similar and different causes.
GUEST HEREBY EXPRESSLY, KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUMES ALL RISK OF LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, OR FOR ANY INJURY TO OR DEATH OF PERSONS, OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OF GUEST OR ANY OTHER PERSON, FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, FORESEEABLE OR UNFORESEEABLE, RESULTING FROM THE USE, OCCUPANCY OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PREMISES BY GUEST, GUEST’S INVITEES, DEPENDANTS, CHARGES, GUESTS, ANY PERSON HOLDING UNDER GUEST, PERSONS ACTING ON GUEST BEHALF, OR TRESPASSERS, AND GUEST HEREBY RELEASES AND DISCHARGES RELEASEES FROM LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE IN CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
GUEST AGREES THAT RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, OR FOR ANY INJURY TO OR DEATH OF PERSONS, OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY OF GUEST OR ANY OTHER PERSON WHILE THE GUEST IS VISITING BIG BEAR, FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELASEES OR OTHERWISE, RESULTING FROM THE USE, OCCUPATION OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PREMISES BY GUEST, GUESTS, INVITEES, DEPENDENTS, CHARGES, GUESTS, ANY PERSON HOLDING UNDER GUESTS, PERSONS ACTING ON GUEST’S BEHALF, OR TRESPASSERS, GUEST HEREBY FURTHER AGREES TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY PROTECT AND SAVE HARMLESS RELEASEES FROM ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LIABILITY CLAIMED BY ANY PERSON OR ENTITY, FOR ANY AND ALL REAL OR CLAIMED DAMAGE OR EXPENSE, INJURY, DAMAGES OR LOSS OF PROPERTY BY THEFT, VANDALISM OR MALICIOUS MISCHIEF, INJURY OR DEATH TO ANY PERSON, FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, FROM ALL LIENS, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PREMISES AND ITS FACILITIES, ANY REPAIRS OR ALTERATIONS WHICH GUEST MAY MAKE OR CAUSE TO BE MADE UPON THE PREMISES AND ANY CLAIMS AGAINST RELEASEES BY ANY OF GUEST’S , INVITEES, DEPENDANTS, CHARGES, GUESTS, TRESPASSERS, PERSONS ACTING ON GUEST’S BEHALF, PERSONS HOLDING UNDER GUEST, EMPLOYEE , AGENT, OR CONTRACTOR OF GUEST. THE FOREGOING OBLIGATION OF GUEST TO INDEMNIFY RELEASEES SHALL SURVIVE THE EXPIRATION OR EARLIER TERMINATION OF THE TERM GUEST OCCUPANCY AND SHALL INCLUDE ALL COST OF LEGAL COUNSEL AND INVESTIGATION, TOGETHER WITH OTHER COST, EXPENSES AND LIABILITIES INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OF DAMAGE, ACTIONS, SUITS, OR PROCEEDINGS TO WHICH RELEASEES MAY BECOME INVOLVED BY REASON OF THE GUEST HAVING VISITED BIG BEAR. GUEST FURTHER COVENANTS NOT TO SUE RELEASEES.
Guest agrees that if they observe any unusual or unnecessary hazards during their stay, Guest will immediately bring such hazards to the attention of Cougars Tree House, in writing, and keep themselves and others away from the immediate area of the hazard. Guest acknowledges and agrees that they have meaningful choice of lodging in the Big Bear area, including many kinds of commercial –type lodging and private home rental. Guest further acknowledges and agrees that no oral representations, statements, or inducements apart from this written agreement have been made.
Guests agree that if any other agreement between Guest and Cougars Tree House is constructed by any court, mediator, or arbitrator as an additional release, if the agreements are not enforced as a single cumulative release, the broadcast release, waiver of liability, express assumption of risk, or indemnity agreement (“Broadest Agreement”) shall control and language irreconcilably conflicting with the Broadest Agreement shall be in no effect.
BY PROCEEDING GUEST DECLARES THEY HAVE READ ALL PAGES OF THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND BY SIGNING IT, THEY HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS ON THEIR OWN BEHALF AND IF APPLICABLE ON BEHALF OF THE GUEST’S MINOR CHILD OR MINOR FOR WHOM THEY HAVE RESPONSIBILITY. GUEST FURTHER DECLARE THAT THEY HAVE SIGNED THIS AGREEMENT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTEND ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
I AM THE FOLLOWING MINOR’S PARENT AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIAN AND/OR TEMPORARY GUARDIAN PURSUANT TO THE PERMISSION OF THE MINOR’S PARENTS AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIAN, BY PROCEEDING, I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM WAIVING LIABILITY FOR ALL PERSONS/ GUEST/MINOR (S), EXECUTING THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, EXPRESS ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT ON THEIR BEHALF, AND AGREE THAT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL APPLY TO THE GUEST/MINOR AS IF THEY WERE THE “GUEST” AS THAT THEM IS DEFINED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
BE AWARE THAT BY PROCEEDING, YOU ARE ACCEPTING ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ENTIRE PARTY AS WELL AS YOURSELF.